Monday, July 19, 2010

Time is flying by!!!

I can't believe I've been here for over 5 days now! Time passes so quickly when you are busy and having fun.


Yesterday, I had my first lesson with Carol Kirkpatrick. It was wonderful! We got through about two phrases in "Il padre Adorato" (an aria from the opera Idomeneo by Mozart) because we really focused on technique. It is exactly what I need right now and I couldn't be more thrilled for the opportunity to work with her. I just hope I will accomplish everything she's looking to teach me!

Today we also had our first dance class. I love dancing and it is always such a bonding experience to don a leotard and jump around with people. We also had our second German class. I've learned more German in the past 5 days then I did all year at school! I've also made friends with some really nice girls from Austria and Germany that are in the program. They are so funny and it's amazing how life as a voice major at CMU is so similar to life as a voice major in Innsbruck.


On Saturday night, we went to the Tiroler Festpiele Erl. (Me & Lindsey, a soprano in the program, pictured outside of the opera house!)
We saw the Wagner opera, "The Flying Dutchman." I was blown away by the music. I've never heard Wagner live and the music really gets deep down into you. It was so cool.

I'm rushing off to eat dinner now because I then have a staging rehearsal with the amazing Elizabeth Bachman and my first coaching with Kathryn Wright!

Auf wierdersehen :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment